Monday, March 25, 2013
I got this on facebook by the recipe graveyard but it clearly said~~From: Southern Mama~~
for the Pancakes:
4 cups all-purpose flour
8 tsps baking powder
2 tsp. salt
4 cups milk
4 tbsps vegetable oil
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
for the Cinnamon Filling
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
for the Cream Cheese Glaze
1/2 cup butter
4 oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
To make the Cinnamon Filling:
Mix the three ingredients together. Place in a disposable piping bag and snip the end off or put in a Ziploc bag and snip the corner off.
To make the Pancakes:
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Stir them together until everything is moistened leaving a few lumps.
Heat your griddle to exactly 325 degrees. You don't want these too cook too quickly, and you won't want your cinnamon to burn.
Make desired size pancake on greased griddle and then using the piping bag and starting at the center of the pancake, create a cinnamon swirl. Wait until the pancake has lots of bubble before you try to turn it. You will find that when you turn it the cinnamon swirl will melt. The cinnamon will melt out and create the craters which the cream cheese glaze will fill.
To make the Cream Cheese Glaze:
In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and cream cheese and then stir together. Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Add a little milk if needed to make
it a glaze consistency.
Place pancake on plate, then cover with cream cheese glaze.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent rolls
2 (8oz each) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted
Unroll and spread 1 of the cans of crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish (or 8 x 8 if you want to cut the recipe in half). Combine softened cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla. Spread over crescent roll layer. Unroll and layer remaining crescent rolls over cream cheese layer. Melt your butter and spread over top of crescent rolls. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake for 20-30 minutes in 350 degree oven until bubbly and slightly browned. Drizzle with a little honey if you like. Let cool a bit, slice and eat.
No I am not kidding. A male has three lumps on the bottom, a female has four. Males have fewer seeds and are better eaten cooked. Females are full f seeds but are sweeter and are better eaten raw.
It seams you can always learn something new.
Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 2
1 pkg fresh spinach stems removed
2 hard boiled eggs
1/4 c fresh grated Parmesan cheese or the parmesan cheese from a jar
3/4 lb sliced regular bacon
20 good sized shrimp
1/2 onion, chopped
3/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
1 Tbsp honey mustard salad dressing
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp garlic powder with parsley
1 Tbsp garlic diced from a jar
1. cut 10 pieces of bacon in half, set aside. in a pie plate put the brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, chili seasoning and garlic powder. Mix well and set aside.
2. clean the spinach and put on two dinner plates. slice eggs and crumble over salad leaving them in big pieces. put 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese over each salad.
3. In a frying pan place 3 pieces of bacon chopped and cook until crispy, remove and place over salad.
4. Then using that grease cook your onions and garlic. add 4 tablespoons left over brown sugar mix to that, and the honey mustard dressing and set aside on back burner
5. wrap the bacon around the shrimp and secure with a tooth pick. dredge through the brown sugar mix and lay on a cookie sheet. repeat until all 20 are done. These you will place in broiler and watch carefully while turning 2-3 times as they cook. (5 -7 minutes )6. Now that shrimp is done set on plate on one side. take the dripping and add to the onion mix in the sauce pan heat to hot and pour by spoonfuls over each salad. serve and eat.
20 lg cleaned cooked shrimp (de-shelled)
1 clove garlic (diced)
1/2 btl chili sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
10 slc bacon (uncooked and cut in half)
Mix together shrimp, garlic, brown sugar and chilli sauce. Cover and and put in fridge at least 2-4 hours, stiring it a few times. Cut the bacon in half side-ways and fry the half slices of bacon until partially cooked, drain. Wrap each shrimp in bacon and secure with a tooth pick. Set oven on broil and broil with tops 2-3 inches from heat until bacon is crispy. Watch closely as it will be a very short time.