Thursday, July 5, 2012

A writers journey with her first book

If you haven't heard I wrote a book. It went into circulation on may 18th. The title is "A Spiders Web" It can be found at amazon, barns and noble and xilibris where I created it.  Not so sure I would recomment that site to others. They are fast at first but the deeper you get into the process the slower they are. I still have unresolved issues and faulty links. If you make a mistake it costs you $25 a word to change. And Apparantly I made lots. sentence structure and grammer. Okay so it was my first and a learning experience. The link is http://www.amazon.com/Spiders-Web-Stormy-Stewart/dp/1477110275/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1341509162&sr=1-1&keywords=a+spiders+web+by+stormy+stewart
I thought I would share any posts about people oppinions here so others could follow a just starting out writers journey.

My first was from May 31, 2012 from Carol Glushwyn

She wrote
It kept my interest I didn't want to put it down, wanted to keep reading to see what happened next. Wow! What a story. It has twists, turns,surprises, deceptions, romance, sex, murder, terror, and a surprise ending. I love the names Tommy Two-Trees, Decoda, Summer and Katie (a cute name that fits her) At first shy- but eventually strong. I liked the Ice Cream part and description of both the grandfathers farm and especially the lodge. So many surprises. So hard to put down but had to to do chores. Also to even put Sarah the waitress in the book. Everyone described so well. I felt I knew them immediately and they were real people. The land around the farm, even the barn. You added wild Summer. Suspense. Not knowing what happen next plus the fear Katie lived with through the whole book. You felt like you lived it with her. Then the amazing twist at the end of the book how Katie had changed. And all the money Tommy/Tyler had. It was wonder and  amazing ideas and even the dead relatives which I know passed on, ancesters guide the living w/american Indians. You brought a lot of thought into the book. I was never bored. It was not too long or too short, got to the point. Not a lot of empty pages to make the book longer. I really enjoyed reading it, thank you.

******
The next was from Ali Bresnahan dated July 3rd, 2012

OK, Stormy, thanks for sending me the link to "A Spider's Web." I was able to download the kindle and have started reading your story. The story sounds very interesting, as do the characters.

I haven't gotten very far, and I need to say something before i go any further...and I must be honest with you. From the very beginning of the book there are a number of errors in punctuation, grammar, spelling, verb tense, and inconsistent capitalization of words. Sound like a lot of mistakes? Yep. As I am a pretty good proof reader, it is difficult for me to continue reading without making constant corrections in my mind, which is too distracting and spoils the story for me.

I'm not sure if you have an editor, but you really need someone to proofread the copy before you can consider it suitable. I'm sorry if this makes you feel bad, but honesty is truly the best policy, and I'd love for your book to be successful.

If there is any way I can help you, please let me know.

Aloha, ali

*****
The next was from Ginger Skaggs
She writes
My friend was looking for a new book to download on her kindle. I suggested she look at your book. She did. I read the intro with her and it sounds fantastic. It has been 6 hours and she hasn't put her kindle down. I can hardly wait to read it after her!

*****

ginger skaggs
I finished reading your book. It does have many twists and turns in it. I never expected Katie to kill Decoda. A good read for a first book. Keep it up.
My only suggestion is to find a better proofreader. Some of the grammer and syntax took away from the plot. Still a good first book. You have accomplished something which some people never will.
I will be waiting for your next read.


4 comments:

  1. this was on amazon.
    The Suspense Never Ends! July 8, 2012
    By Elsie Perrett
    Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
    I didn't put this book down from the time I started reading until I finished it. I hope we see a lot more from Stormy Stewart. A Spiders Web was thrilling from beginning to end. It was a bit on the dark side, and not your usual run of the mill suspense book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AS I continue on with my second book and hopefully people actually see my work, I am aware that many may never see my first book so I will recap book one is the second book of the three part series. Book Two we find Scout still a toddler but with special gifts, gifts that were unknown in the first but in the second book you will realize where they were in play. Scout actually saves his future wife and fights to save his mother, but will ge be able to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still having trouble with my book description on amazon. says it is about a spider and sends you to another authors page. I continue to contact them but so far each time they mess up something else. Now with the last time I lost my publishers page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. finely got that taken care of thanks to a woman named Michelle on their facebook page.

    ReplyDelete