Sunday, March 24, 2013
Shrimp Spinach Salad for Two
1 pkg fresh spinach stems removed
2 hard boiled eggs
1/4 c fresh grated Parmesan cheese or the parmesan cheese from a jar
3/4 lb sliced regular bacon
20 good sized shrimp
1/2 onion, chopped
3/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
1 Tbsp honey mustard salad dressing
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp garlic powder with parsley
1 Tbsp garlic diced from a jar
1. cut 10 pieces of bacon in half, set aside. in a pie plate put the brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, chili seasoning and garlic powder. Mix well and set aside.
2. clean the spinach and put on two dinner plates. slice eggs and crumble over salad leaving them in big pieces. put 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese over each salad.
3. In a frying pan place 3 pieces of bacon chopped and cook until crispy, remove and place over salad.
4. Then using that grease cook your onions and garlic. add 4 tablespoons left over brown sugar mix to that, and the honey mustard dressing and set aside on back burner
5. wrap the bacon around the shrimp and secure with a tooth pick. dredge through the brown sugar mix and lay on a cookie sheet. repeat until all 20 are done. These you will place in broiler and watch carefully while turning 2-3 times as they cook. (5 -7 minutes )6. Now that shrimp is done set on plate on one side. take the dripping and add to the onion mix in the sauce pan heat to hot and pour by spoonfuls over each salad. serve and eat.