Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Strawberry Mango Pineapple Jalapeno Jelly



I decided to make some Jam while I was at the store so I picked up the stuff thinking I would do that some day soon. Well I got home and started making the jam, which, turned into jelly as I wasn't thinking and processed it for a full minute in my blender. I used the start of an older recipe I created and tweaked it from there. Seems I can never keep with a recipe and today was no different. As you can see below It made  (9) 8 oz jars which left my scrambling for jars as the  recipe I tweaked only made (7) 8 oz jars

In a blender put
3-5 jalapeƱos cut in half, scraped of seeds (I used 3)
1 1/4 cup large chopped strawberries (was about 6 food sized ones)
1 mango seeded and skinned
1 small can pineapple chunks with liquid
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar

Course for a few seconds for jam and up to a minute for jelly. Then pour into a large pot with

6 1/2 cups sugar
1 box sure jel

Bring to a boil and boil ten minutes. put into hot washed and sterilized jars with hot lids. Seal tightly and put into a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.

Take out let cool and check to see if tops sealed. If not reheat, use new tops and try again.


2 comments: