Monday, November 5, 2012
Vanilla Almond Soap
This soap is great for removing dirt and oil from the skin without drying. Vanilla gives it a delicious fragrance and the ground almonds provide a beautifully textured soap. (Makes one bar.)
1/3 cup whole almonds
1 4-ounce bar Castile soap
1/4 cup distilled water
1 tablespoon almond oil
1/8 teaspoon vanilla fragrance oil
Grind the almonds to a fine powder in a food processor or coffee
grinder and set aside. Shred the soap and set aside. In a heavy
saucepan bring the water to a boil; then reduce heat to a simmer;
Remove the pan from the heat and add the almond powder, almond oil, and
vanilla fragrance oil, stirring until well blended. Spoon the soap into
a mold and let set for five hours or until hardened.
Rooibos Sandlewood Soap
Rooibos offers an amazing, all-natural formula to promote clear and healthy skin while acting like a shield against environmental influences that are to blame for premature skin ageing.
The health benefits of Sandal Wood Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like anti septic, anti inflammatory, anti phlogistic, anti spasmodic, astringent, cicatrisant, carminative, diuretic, disinfectant, emollient. ( makes 1 bar or 2 small ones)
5 1/2 oz Pure clear unfragranced glycerine soap
5 Drops Sandalwood Fragrance
* Gently melt the soap either in microwave or on stove top.
* Add Fragrance and sprinkle a few leaves into the melted soap.
* Give the soap a few swirls.
* Pour into soap mould. Allow to cool and demould.
* The leaves work as a great exfoliator and add colour and texture.
* Use a piece of corrugated cardboard to decorate the soap and tie it with a