*The most important thing is intention: in a sacred manner, loving, positive, respectful and honorable. There are many ...FB sites with ideas, rituals, ceremonies, prayers etc: FIND WHAT RESONATES with YOU!!! Make it YOURS! You are your own healer; Feel it and EMBRACE it!*
Try to either get outside to see the moon, or look at it out a window, or even just close your eyes and visualize the full moon bursting with light and glory. Slow your breathing to enter a light meditative state by breathing in at the count of 4, hold for 4, exhale to 4. Once you've entered your meditative state set your intentions of letting go, purging, releasing and receiving abundance from the Moon’s Energies.
(from our Maestra's Abuelita) In the Aztec tradition Full Moon is for Purging. KTO prepares Moon Water for our sisters. Moon Water Preparation: Place drinking water in a clear pitcher or bowl (must be made out of glass or crystal, clear and with no designs or motifs on it). Cover it with cheese cloth or a clean cotton towel so bugs or leaves do not get into it. Leave over night and in early morning bring indoors and drink a glass before breakfast. Drink every day until the pitcher of water is gone. Preferably for 9 days. Why 9 days? The Mayans, Aztecs and Incas believed in the 9 spirits of healing, the 9 healing dimensions, the 9 spiritual cycles of purging and grieving. It helps to recharge your body’s depleted energy, helps women with swollen ovaries and pain during intercourse, helps to lessen PMS, helps with purging, releasing, and letting go of toxins in our body and helps with connecting our feminine side. ENJOY!!!
Below is a bath ritual given to KTO by Maestro Laurencio Lopez
Gather albahca (basil), ruda (rue), spearmint (yerba buena), feverfew (santa maria), rosemary (romero) for an aromatic cleansing bath. Traditionally in Oaxaca these herbs are used but use what you have on hand i.e. essential oils, sea salt, kosher salt, fresh rose petals or other flowers.
Run hot water, place herbs/flowers in water and allow to steep for about 10 minutes. Soak for at least 30 minutes. Allow your body to “melt” away envida (envy), susto (fear), pesar (grief) and/or any energies weighing heavy on your spirit, heart, mind and body. Give yourself permission to make it a loving ceremony by adding lit candles, music, chanting etc “I Love Myself, I Accept Myself, I Embrace Myself”
*Hint* Place herbs/flowers in a cotton sock or muslin bag to avoid clogging up the drain.
Helps to recharge your body’s depleted energy. Helps women with swollen ovaries and pain during intercourse. Helps to lessen PMS. Connects you to your feminity and helps with purging, releasing and letting go of toxins in our body.
In the Aztec tradition Full Moon is for Purging. There are many ways to do this: One is by a fire ceremony outside in the moon light. A temezcal ceremony (a sweat) is also used when available.
Fire Ceremony Preparation:
- Create a sacred space and arrange a time to perform the ceremony. My preference is at night-time and outdoors so you stand under the moonlight.
- Write down on separate slips of paper all the things you want to release or change. Supply suggestions: fire proof container (saumerio, caldron or cooking pot, bonfire, bbq pit etc I use my outdoor chimena) to toss the burning paper in, candle with matches or lighter, water (to put out the fire afterwards), and smudge sticks for cleansing.
- Cleanse your sacred area with an opening prayer, a sage smudging, and/or by burning some incense. Invite your ancestors/guides/angels/masters/teachers to be at your side throughout the ceremony.
- Light one or more candles. Look to the skies. Breathe in the night air.
- Read the writing on each slip of paper one at a time. Set your intention to release the person/item/addiction/attitude from your life. Throw it in the fire. If you are doing this ritual with a group of others take turns reading your words. If these things are too personal to read out loud, read them silently to yourself. Just remember.... our words have power.... Saying - "Be Gone" audibly and loudly can be very freeing. Go ahead, howl at the moon if your spirit calls to do so.
- Thank the Spirits. Be Safe. Put out the fire.
For the Full moon and purging these are two I can share:
Water Ceremony Preparation:
Baño de Azares (Citrus Blossoms Bath) Citrus Blossoms from any citrus trees: orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit or citron. Baths with these flowers are powerful to clear away negative feelings, feeling rejected, Envidia (jealousy or envy) feeling emotionally or spiritually exhausted. It is recommended to repeat the baths 9 times: 3 before the full moon, 3 baths during the full moon and 3 after the full moon (waning moon?) If you cannot fit the 9 times do what time allows. During the day gather the flowers, use prayer and the intention of faith and thanksgiving as you hold the flowers. Place the flowers/blossoms in a bowl of water in the sun for a few hours. Late in the afternoon or evening while the moon is out, prepare a sacred bath: pour enough hot water (as hot as you can tolerate it and pour in the bowl with the flowers (which have been energized by the sun for new beginnings and will be used in the moonlight time for endings). Use candles, music, meditate, contemplate and relax. Let go (you can use essential oils if you cannot locate the flowers).
El Baño de Los Muertos: Marigold (zempasuchitl in Aztec Nahuatl language) any type of marigold is ok for this bath except pot marigold (calendula). Again during the day collect the flowers, concentrate on your intention. Place the flowers in a bowl of water allow them to soak in the sun undisturbed. Again bring in for a bath same as above.
Other herb/plants/flowers I use regularly with my clients are basil for mourning/grieving issues, rosemary for traumas, PTSD “susto” and spiritual re-awakenings, roses for love, rue for releasing.