Friday, December 28, 2012

Homemade Cheese-Its

 I will be making these this week.
This recipe was by  Merissa on February 4, 2012 on little house living
Post image for Homemade Cheese-Its

I was on a quest yesterday to start making my own crackers. I saw a few ideas for some homemade Goldfish but I really like the Annie's version of those. What I was really looking for was more of a puffy square cheese cracker. Here's what I ended up coming up with. Warning, if you are a cheese addict like me you will not be able to resist the smell of these baking, yum!
What you need:
  • 1 c. flour
  • 3/4 t. salt
  • 4 T butter, cold
  • 2 c. cheddar cheese
  • 3 T water
In a food processor, pulse the flour, salt, and butter.

Add the cheese about a 1/2 c. at a time.

Add the water a tablespoon at a time until it forms a chunky dough. Chill this dough for at least an hour or 2, or longer.

Roll out the dough until it's about 1/8 in thin.

Cut into squares(or any kind of shape!) with a pizza cutter or cookie cutter.

Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes or until slightly browned on the tops. Start watching them after about 12 minutes to make sure they don't burn.

Check her out  http://www.littlehouseliving.com/homemade-cheese-its.html

No comments:

Post a Comment