Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Memories of brosted chicken

I now live near Frankenmuth Michigan, home of what was for a long time the place I stopped just coming off US I-75 on the way up north. It was was a truck stop, gas station, and broasted chicken joint. It was called "Fritz" The only thing left is the sign. This place was there for many many years. I remember stopping there with my first born when she was small and 19 years her sister was born. Then almost 12 years later her sister and I stopped there on the way up north.

What I am offering is not broasted but the incredible juicy chicken that is encased in this recipe is every bit as good as the broasted chicken and without a fancy machine.

Chicken strips Frozen, boneless, skinless and cut in half sideways.

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon chili powder

Mix the flour, cream of tartar, ginger, cumin, and chili powder with approx 2 cups water. Mix until you get a batter with about the same consistency as pancake batter. Dunk the chicken into the batter and fry at medium-medium high heat in a pan of oil. It will take a few minutes. turn without piercing the covering and fry on the other side. when done remove. serve with a sweet and spicy sauce.

I like this one http://cronecronicles.blogspot.com/2013/01/strawberry-mango-jalapeno-jam.html

No comments:

Post a Comment