Saturday, January 26, 2013

Moist and Delicious Carrot Bread

This is an old recipe I first got from a school cook book copy righted in  1968 The Manley School cookbook, Drayton Plains, MI. I got the book in 1978 used from my ex mother in law. This was one of my favorite recipes from it. It maybe a bread but it would easily pass for dessert, just throw a drizzle on it. It is so moist and the smell baking brought my hubby running for the kitchen. My kids when they were small use to beg for this bread every weekend. The best part is quick easy directions.
 Makes 1 loaf

1 cup carrots, grated
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup oil
1 Tablespoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoons ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix egg, sugar and oil together add the rest and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes in a sprayed bread loaf pan. I used a large one. Next time I will use a regular sized pan

No comments:

Post a Comment