Saturday, January 12, 2013
The last baby hat is done and everything is wrapped
1. Back of hat Start with 16 stitches across x 13 rows deep. 14th row drop first stitch and last stitch (you will have 14 stitches now) 15th row drop one stitch at beginning and end of row same as row 14 (you will now have 12 stitches) 16th row drop two stitches at each end (you will have 8 stitches) this is the top of the back of the hat
2. Sides/top of hat is all one piece. 18 stitches long x 37 rows deep
3. Peg stitch back to top and sides.
4. Then stitch with same yarn.
5. Turn inside out, then peg stitch lip of hat front.
6. OK only three more rows to go Line 17 crochet 1 stitch then loose one then straight stitch but loosing every other stitch when you get to the back of the hat only. (Loose a total of 4 stitches in back of hat) then loose second to last stitch at end of row. Row 18 at bottom of hat where you had peg stitched bill on hat start at the end and put a stitch then skip 1 then stitch 2 skip 1 stitch 2 all the way across ending with skip at stitch then do last one. (just do the bottom of hat Row 19 skip first stitch then stitch across loosing the last stitch. Tie off.
7. attach ribbon and you are done.