Saturday, January 26, 2013

So your Brown sugar turned to a brick

I was making the Carrot bread yesterday and when I went to get out my new brown sugar I found an old container of brown sugar in a Tupperware container. Well I guess it doesn't help to put them in Tupperware because it was fine when I put it in but now it is a solid brick. The type you have to attack with a hammer to get any off. So I decided to turn it into a liquid syrup to use in recipes and coffee and tea.

1 solid brick of brown sugar (mine was lt brown)
as much water as sugar (guess-a-mate)

Put in a sauce pan over medium low heat and bring to a boil stirring sometimes until all is liquid then boil on med-low for ten to fifteen minutes until the liquid coats the spoon. Cool and place in a pourable container. I used an liquid creamer bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment