Monday, February 25, 2013

Old fashioned Blueberry Muffins

I was going through old recipes for breads and came across one for blueberry Muffins. The ingredients intrigued  me. Later my husband brought home blueberries so I started making them.

They didn't really look special when they were baked but one taste made a fool out of me. They were so good. Recipe makes 6 larger muffins or 9 smaller ones. We made 9. When we stopped there were 3 left. This recipe can easily be doubled.

In a measuring cup or small bowl

1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 teaspoon vingear

Let sit 10 minutes


In a  large bowl Put

1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter (melted)

add the milk mix and beat well fold in
1 pint blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put cakes cups into the muffin tin and spoon mixture into either 6 or 9 muffins. Bake for 25 minutes. Will post picture as soon as I get my phone back.

No comments:

Post a Comment