Thursday, January 3, 2013

Warm delights Mini Molton Lava Copy Cat Cakes



I have loved these things since the day they hit the shelves. The perfect kid size is also the perfect size for a weight watcher. So much flavor packed into this to die for dessert. But the price is ungodly. I mean are they made of gold.

So there I was tasting my last drop when I had this Idea. And what an I dea. I created a easy to make and at least as good if not better than the original and so cheap. You can thank me later just try them.

Warm delights Mini Molton Lava  Copy Cat Cakes

I love these things but the price they want is crazy.  I broke down and bought some. knowing me I just had to experiment. I found that if you used betty crocker chocolate cake mix you can make these for a fraction of the cost and it tastes the same. For about the price of one of the pks of mini's you can make over a dozen of them, Here is the recipe
Serves: 1 for around 100 calories

1/4 c betty crocker chocolate cake mix
1 tsp hot fudge sauce from ice cream toppings aisle (not syrup)
1 Tbsp water
1 tsp water
1 (cleaned) previously bought warm delights mini's baking dish or another microwave dish about that size. I saved mine. Mini flan cups work well.

In a microwave safe bowl (very small) put water and cake mix. mix well. Top with chocolate fudge and mic for 30 seconds. Eat.
Other flavors I have tried.
Yellow cake with caramel ice cream topping
Chocolate Cake with caramel Ice Cream Topping
Chocolate cake with Chocolate mint Ice cream topping
Chocolate cake with cherry pie filling
Yellow cake with apple pie filling

No comments:

Post a Comment