Saturday, December 15, 2012

As the Year ends and a new one begins



We are always in a state of change. We change from one milestone in life (baby, toddler, child, teen, adult, old), We also change seasons. As we age we look at things differently. a child looks at snow as a free day from school and playtime, an adult may look at it as stressful with unexpected babysitter charges and making it to work safely, and older person may feel its hazards as far as walking through it or being caught in it. But after all is said and we are nestled within our houses all safe and warm it ois a beauty to behold. As you sit back in a blanket warmed by the fire remember New years is coming soon and with it comes all the new year traditions like resolutions, spring house cleaning, thoughts of an up coming garden and of course starting the year off right with Hoppin John. There are many recipes out there this is my favorite.

Good Luck Hoppin John

 From the Old Farmer's Almanac, Legend has it that it must be eaten before noon on New Year's day to guarantee good luck.


4 strips bacon, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups cooked black-eyed peas, or 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen
1/2 cup uncooked rice
2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper


Partially cook bacon in a Dutch oven, add onion, and cook until bacon is crisp and onion is soft. Add black-eyed peas, rice, water, and pepper flakes. Cover and simmer over low heat until rice is done, about 20 to 25 minutes. Toss with salt and pepper and serve immediately.







Hot Spiced Wassail-
 (Non-Alcoholic Version)

 4 Cups Cranberry Juice
6 Cinnamon Sticks
5 Cups Apple Cider
1 Orange, studded with whole Cloves
1 Cup water
1 Apple, cored and sliced
½ Cup Brown Sugar

Mix juice, cider, and water in large saucepan or crock pot. Add cinnamon sticks, clove studded orange, and apple slices. Simmer mixture for 4 hours. Serve hot. Makes 12 servings
Scrying to see the future

Give this Oracle  a Try

On Christmas Eve, sit in a dark room with three candles lit. (they should be the only source of light in the room) Position two mirrors so that one reflects the candlelight into the other. Sprinkle Mugwort in a circle around the area of the mirrors and where you are going to sit. Look into the mirrors and search for the seventh candle flickering as you allow your gaze to go blurry. there in the flames should be what you seek
from Gypsy magick





New Years Resolution Spell to release a relationship 

This is one I wrote and used  myself. It is to draw closure to a bad relationship that is a drain on your energy  and is on the rocks  to a point where you just need to let go. Do not use unless you are sure you want the relationship ended.

On your Altar place two candles.
 One white (for protection of your heart and the purity of your request.
One Red  (for the love you both shared and for the chaos the relationship has caused you)
Anointed with an energy blended oil (To super charge your spell) 

Write Both names in the candle with a pen tip. The person you are saying good by to going down (dropping) and your name going across (even keel)

 S T O R M Y
                A
                R
                K

(example above)

Then light the white candle and say:

Guardian Angels far and wide,
 As you gather by my side,
 watching me while I rest,
Please enable me to do my best,

I call upon you this New Year's Eve,
I wear my heart upon my sleeve
This years quest I am sad to say
Has surely hurt me everyday
Then  Light the red candle and say:
With Love undying I here by say,
My enabling ways end today
You chose (what ever it was that made him leave) over me
So now this is our destiny

By the powers of love and light,
I need to erase you from my sight,
So guardian angels my request is this
Help me strike him from my list

By the powers of 3 x3
So I have asked, so mote it be.

Then envision you both parting as friends. As the candles burn down, the farther away you both become. Until finely you are no more.


Written By KarlynRayne "2008" To release the tie between my ex and I.

Remember to bury the melted candle.








No comments:

Post a Comment