Sunday, November 4, 2012

Blessful sleep spells



Restful Sleep Spell

These are hung by your bed to encourage a restful sleep and sweet dreams.
10 Cardamon pods
1 tsp. Salt
15 cloves
1/2oz peppermint
1/2 oz rosemary
dried peel of 1 lemon


Light a white and pink candle, place them on your work area (kitchen table, counter top).
Crush the cloves, cardamon and salt to a fine powder. Blend with the herbs and put in bags.
As you are making the bags concentrate on peaceful memories and beautiful thoughts.
When you hang the bags by your bed say out loud:
Sleep be with me Peaceful sleep Restful sleep
Let my mind be eased Let my body be calmed
Wings of darkness Let the sight of night and dream
Be clear, be quiet Let my troubles drift away and let me dream

By Irish Faery Witch

****

A Spell to Help Sleep

Light a blue or silver candle (a tea light is good for this spell) and light
a stick of incense which you find relaxing, cedar or sage is good. If you
have problems with incense smoke then you can use an oil burner instead.

Concentrate on the candle flame and say:

“By this candle I do sleep;
Hidden from the day, in the night so deep.
Oh LĂ©ana, guide my dreams,
Let me see such wonderous scenes.”

If possible let the candle burn itself out but do not go to sleep whilst it
is burning.

****

A Moonbeam Spell to Help You Sleep

Take your pillow to a dry area beneath the moonbeams.
Sprinkle a Rosemary infusion around it.
Work in a counterclockwise manner as you Repeat,
 
"Away from me the thoughts of day, away from me my worried Ways."
 
Then change your direction to clockwise, altering the Incantation to:
 
"When Luna smiles through night's sky, so sleep will Come to tired eyes.
No more to wake, no more to roam, rest is welcome In my home."

As with the last spell, repeat this last phrase as you put your head On the pillow every night.

General Uses :
Banishing or easing insomnia. Peaceful rest.

Timing :
Moon just rising in the sky. Night in general. Moon in Gemini Or Aquarius.

*****

SLEEP SPELL AND OIL ~ this one is a spell with the oil recipe

1/2 oz carrier oil
12 drops bergamot
3 drops lavender
3 drops cypress

In 1/2 oz of carrier oil (I used apricot kernel, sweet almond would also be good), mix 12 drops of bergamot, 3 drops lavender and 3 drops cypress.

To increase the benefits of your sleep, apply a few drops behind your ears,spreading the excess out over your jawline.
Do this immediately before bed.
This is a good oil blend for people who have trouble falling asleep at night, or for people who sleep restlessly.

****

Mid winters sleep spell

Winter is a time of peace and rest. Unfortunately, the hectic hustle and bustle of the holiday season often make it difficult to get to sleep. One night as I lay awake in bed, the image came to me of a dragon sleeping peacefully in its lair of thick, impenetrable stone. Along with that came this little rhyme:

These things I give
To the waking world,
Now let me sleep
With my great wings furled.

One by one, I called up all the thoughts that were keeping me awake, and I piled them into a heap. I repeated the rhyme each time I added something to the heap. Everything would still be there in the morning, and I could deal with it then; but in the meantime, I could get some sleep. It worked.
by..... Elizabeth Barrette

No comments:

Post a Comment