Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"By the fire" A poem by Karlyn Rayne


By the fire



On a cool October evening, while gathered beside the fire,

we pondered life's illusions, our emotions raging higher,

He said he understood me, while screaming little liar,

With tempers raging, I swore he would soon tire.



Still the night went on, we sat under the sky,

Still angry and not talking, I only wanted to cry,

Now I sit alone, for all have said good bye,

I gaze into the fire and can't believe my eye.



The fire is alive with little sparks of light,

all dancing around listening to my plight,

I cry again wondering, what gives you the right,

To listen to my sorrow, you know we aren't that tight.

Then through the embers glowing,

An old Indian's face was showing,

He looked up, with the wind a blowing,

My heart was pounding, him never knowing.



The light dimmed and he was no more,

Like the fire had opened and shut a door,

So each night I sit, feet firmly on the floor,

I try to forget but my nerves are still sore,



Still at night, while beside the fire,

My hopes for love never tire,

Even with the flames burning higher,

He would still call me a liar.

Stormy Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment