Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lakota Meditation


"If we keep everything in balance, we are in harmony with ourselves and are at peace."
--Fools Crow, LAKOTA


As within, as without, our present thought determines our future. If we want peace outside ourselves, we must first have peace inside ourselves. It's not what is going on but how we are looking at what is going on. We need to keep ourselves in balance. We must be careful to not get too hungry, angry, lonely. or tired. We must know the times - time to work, time to rest, time to play, time to sleep, time to pray, time to lighten up, time to laugh, time to eat, time to exercise.

There is a saying "The honor of one is the honor of all." This means when we work with all, we need to also work on one. We need to take care of ourselves. You cannot give away what you don't have.

Great Spirit, let me walk in balance today. Remove from me resentment, self pity, and self seeking motives. Let me love myself so I can love my neighbors.

Read about Frank Fools Crow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Fools_Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment