Friday, December 7, 2012

Smudging Ceremony

 


Walk into the room the most furthest from your front door with the smoking herbs or smudge stick.

Start on the west side of the room when you cleanse a house by smudging, and walk clockwise around all 4 corners of the ro...
om. Pay close attention to the corners as they are doorways for energies. This is why we see thing in the corner of our eye.

Say something positive such as, "Please bring light, love and laughter into this house," while fanning the smoke, or say a familiar prayer.

Smudge every room to cleanse a house by smudging, including the bathrooms, closets and hallways. I prefer to start close to the ceiling and work my way down towards the floor.

Put the smoke out buy stumping it in your dish that has been catching your ash after you have smudged the entire house.


I then like to get my broom and give a sweep over my house either on the floor or just above it and sweep all the fallen energies out my front door. Don't just stop at your front door or they can be blown back in your home. I go a few good steps away from my home so it can be carried away on the winds


I like to keep the ash as I find I can re-use it in Black salt.

Please don't put out by placing in water as it is seen as disrespectful to the elements. You can then also re-use the rest of your stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment